Monday, September 14, 2009

Tooth Fairies

I know Jax loves me, and I'm okay with the fact that he is going to want to be "just like his Daddy" when he grows up. I like his Daddy so I think that will be just fine ;) But one area where I have a one-up on Daddy is toothbrushing; Jax used to sit in awe of me when I brushed my teeth in the morning (he always misses that part of Daddy's routine so it's something he connects to me). And now he has his own toothbrush! He has four teeth now, you know, so he got his own little Cookie Monster toothbrush and he loves brushing his teeth. And mine, apparently:

If he's in a bad mood in the morning, I just have to say, "Do you want to brush your teeth?" and instant smile while crawling toward the bathroom.

Luckily he isn't using toothpaste yet (just water) so we can brush several times a day if need be. Nothing like gnawing on a toothbrush to help teething gums!

I never thought I'd be nostalgic about dental hygiene, but there you are. I'll probably save his first piece of floss ;) Just kidding. That would be gross.

No comments: