Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Snapshots

My baby girl is going to be one year old in 9 days. 


Since she is so big now, she sometimes decides she doesn't need a nap.


So we have photoshoots instead.

She loves to show off her thighs and cankles.
 
 
 
Calf
Ankle
+ No definition between them
Cankle
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I love how she preteneded she wasn't tired when in actuality she was going to fall over at any moment.
 

Hence her inability to survive without her binkie.  Even though no nap was her idea.  She isn't fooling anyone.  Baby girl was tired and grumpy.

  

I know, sweetie.  You're ready to wear dresses and play outside and show off your cankles, but it's not quite spring yet in Vermont.  Let's go back inside and plan your birthday party.  And take a nap.

Getting big, making decisions, walking, protesting her naps.  She'll officially be a toddler in 9 days.  I'll cherish my baby until then.

16 comments:

Clayton Thomas said...

Following from the hop. The pictures are adorable. Have a terrific day!

Clayton
http://www.claytonpaulthomas.com

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Lovely pics, capturing the moment (and the crankiness) beautifully --

Ms. Sarah said...

so cute. My husband is from morrisville vermont. i love the falls there. I love the one where it looks like hands are on her hips

Aaron said...

Love the cankles. :) Tell her not to worry, she's not alone- I'm all grown up and I STILL have cankles. :( *sigh* Love the picture with her little hand on her hip...such a 'tude. :) Love it!!!

lauren & aaron said...

Yep....that was me posting as Aaron again. Stupid! He doesn't even have a blog.....it just links because he has an "iGoogle" account. Poo.

XLMIC said...

LOL... cute and then some :)

Unknown said...

what an adorable litte one you have and LOVE her cankles!!!! :)

Jessica said...

I just love cankles. And her blue eyes are absolutely gorgeous!

Joyce said...

Adorable! I never know whether to laugh at them or cry with them when they're that grumpy. =p

I'm not quite sure where spring is exactly. From what I have gathered from blogging friends...it is snowing in Washington, there are tornadoes in North Carolina, storms in Tennessee, and it is raining here in Northern California.

Hope you have fun planning the party. The big ONE is super fun!

http://joyceandnorm.wordpress.com/2011/04/15/our-week-in-photos-week-15-of-52-3/

alicia said...

Gotta love the cankles. And so unfair how cute they are when you are a baby. Good luck with the nap thing. My son stopped before he was 18 months, completely.

Rosebuds and Ladybugs said...

Why is it so cute when a baby pouts! =) Love the pics...and your button...So cute! I am now a follower! =)

Danyelle said...

Too cute! Do you have a big party planned? The finger painting below looks too fun too.

Shala said...

So cute. :)

NANCY said...

Super cute pictures!

Following you thru the blog hop! Hope that you'll take some time to check out my blog as well. Have a great day!!

nancy

http://thatsoundslikecrazy.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

Ohhh little cutie! Happy almost birthday! How is Mommy handling having her baby turn 1. I am so excited every b-day and so sad they are growing up =)

mrs.shopper said...

What a sweetie! New gfc friend from the hop. Please visit me at http://simplyshopandsave.ca