Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pastels and Paint

This is my photo submission for


The challenge is "pastels" and I love how Em's bedroom is full of them.  Especially her beautiful pastel-colored butterfly mobile.


My mom and sisters think it's creepy but I love it and so does baby girl.  I love her room, full of soft pinks and yellows, and I think that is the fundamental difference between having boys and girls.  Boys are primary colors, girls are pastels.  That about sums them up.

Wait until you see her birthday outfit.  Pastel perfection!

And this is the photo I submitted for

 
After our fabulous Easter craft yesterday, we had a plate full of fingerpaint.  I think I'd get arrested for crimes against humanity if I washed gobs of fingerpaint down the drain with two kids under three present and eager to create.  So we ended our day as it began, but with more art than craft this time.  And Em made her very first fingerpainting!  I was going to give it to my sister but once I remembered it was Em's very first one (and that my sister doesn't like my mobile) I decided to keep it and paint for others another day.  Here we are afterward:
 



Expect to see more of this face!  This is the kind of mess I can handle.

21 comments:

UpperBottom said...

That mobile is gorgeous!!!! I would love that if I had a little girl! (my son is one)

Hi! I'm Rachel, by the way! Visiting from the April Blog Hop. Hope you'll come visit me at www.upperbottom.com and @upperbottom (Twitter).

Cheers and happy spring!

UpperBottom said...

Pottery Barn! Great, thanks!!!

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Adorable -- I like the mobile!

Kara @ June & Bear said...

We have butterflies floating above my daughter's bed too. Love the post painting photos. Her cheeks are too much.

Darcy said...

i also like (love) that mobile and totally agree with you: primaries are for boys :-)!

Karen said...

LOVE the painted face. Precious =)

Eat To Live said...

I had to come visit your blog after seeing the name, Rub Some Dirt on it. Love that name!!

I am a new follower.

Debbie said...

love the mobile! very soft and pretty.

alicia said...

When my kids were little I couldn't find any nice mobiles. That one is so cool!!

Anonymous said...

Love the name of your blog. Hi! I’m your newest follower. Please stop by and follow back when you have a chance. If you’re ever interested in a blog makeover please let me know. Take a look at my portfolio and packages when you get a chance. I’m also hosting a blog hop today as well. Come add your blog when you get a chance if you haven’t already. Hope you are having a Sweet Week.

A Mommy’s Sweet Blog Design
Join us every Friday for our Blog Hop!

Review and Giveaway Blog Directory
If you feature Reviews and Giveaways come add your blog here!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Love the butterflies! I think I want a mobile in Maddi's crib like that.

TanyasTreasureTrove said...

Hi! I'm following you from B.M.B.F!
I hope you visit me and return the
follow:0)

Yasher said...

Those butterflies are gorgeous - what a fantastic shot!

And your daughter is a cutie pie!

b. lee said...

awesome capture of the mobile ~ sweet! & ur relationship with ur sis sounds a lot like mine with my sista LOL * * fun stuff ~ happy weekend!

thatgirlblogs said...

beautiful.

Photography said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :-) I love your pastels and oh the cute messy face!! Nice to see you too - I must embrace being on the other side of the lens. New follower :-)

Robyn said...

Beautiful butterflies.

MrsHull said...

Very pretty butterflies! You sum it up perfectly, between pastels and primary colors. I have one of each. Isn't childhood grand?

Stopping by from the Sunday Blog Hop. =)

~Love Lis said...

LOVE the butterfly mobile! What cute pics of you and your baby. THANKS for linking up!!! :)

faith ann raider said...

SO beautiful and whimsical. LOVE this :)

faith ann raider said...

Picked your photo to be in my Top 5!