Friday, April 22, 2011

Embrace Routine

Two photos from two photo challenges this week:

Poor Jax has been the second sickest I've ever seen him today (the first was the week we brought his sister home--it was a physiological protest).  He's had a fever of at least 102 all day and did not get off my lap except for when Daddy came home during lunch and I ran to the store to get more Tylenol.  But, the light at the end of the tunnel is that he actually ate some dinner and seemed in good spirits before bed.  He even had the energy for a little playtime this evening.  I hope that he is better for this weekend and that he doesn't infect his sister for her birthday!



 
He probably rubbed that kiss off as soon as I was done.  Punk.


For Faith's Simplicity challenge for "Routine," I took a photo of JDubbs's morning routine: his morning coffee and Em's bottle.



He gives Em her bottle almsot every morning; they wake up together. It's one of the best examples of what a great dad he is--he gets up with our kids every morning to give me a little more sleep, and then the three of them come wake me up and we all hang out in bed for a while. I know they love their alone time with him and I love such a sweet wake up call!  What a nice routine.

9 comments:

Crystal said...

ah! so sweet!!! enjoy it! I found you via FTLOB. Have a great Easter weekend.

Alicia said...

Spencer wakes up every morning at 3:00 a.m. to get ready for work, and every once in a while he'll wake up Matthew (just him) and cook him french toast, eat with him and then put him back to bed all before he leaves for work at 4:00 a.m.

I guess they aren't always such bad moms... :-P

Unknown said...

aw that is the sweetest routine ever! we are kinda the opposite here I wake up with kiddlets and let daddy sleep a little :)

Kate Weber said...

That is so precious! That is adorable that they let you sleep and come in to wake you. What a great start to the day!

I'm new to your blog! I found you through FTLOB and can't wait to read more! Feel free to check out my blog as well!

Simply Kate

Unknown said...

glad to hear is feeling better.

what an awesome routine your husband has!

http://kabersblog.blogspot.com/

Adriel Booker said...

That IS a great routine. What an awesome hubs/daddy. Love the photo of you and your little dude too. His expression is hilarious. Hope he feels better soon!!! Not a good weekend to be sick. :(

alicia said...

Poor baby. So not fair having to be sick.

faith ann raider said...

LOVE your "routine" shot! what a sweet daddy!!

Jessica said...

It's so tough when the littles are sick. The pic is adorable though. Hope he's feeling better!