Friday, March 4, 2011

Survey Says?

I am very excited to share that I am going to be featured as a guest blogger on a fabulous, funny, stylish blog called "A Taste of T" while the author is out on maternity leave.  I am going to contribute to her "Awkward Moments Monday" spotlight, because God knows I can be awkward.

 
In fact, I am so awkward, that I have a plethora of awkward moments from which to choose.  That's where you come in, dear followers and readers.  I need your help choosing which awkward moment to share with many hundred strangers who have never met me or read my blog before.  How best to initiate them into the "Rub Some Dirt On It" community?  I brainstormed a few of my most popular awkward moments, and I need you to vote on which is best.  Then I will take your feedback into consideration and make a decision. 
 
And the Nominees for Most Awkward Moment are...
 

1.  Tell Me How You Really Feelhttp://vermontwhitneys.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-post.html  The day that kid at the beach called Em and her dot (also known as her siamese twin) an alien baby.

2.  If.  http://vermontwhitneys.blogspot.com/2010/07/if.html  Also known as the day my son peed in public and my dear friend caught it in her hands.

3.  Embarrassing Story #1http://vermontwhitneys.blogspot.com/2010/05/embarrassing-story-1.html  My first embarassing breastfeeding story, which culminated in Em's bellybutton nub falling off and me throwing it into the sewer.  Stay classy.

4.  Not Me! Monday.  http://vermontwhitneys.blogspot.com/2010/02/not-me-monday_07.html  Or the day that I was recognized in Friendly's by the manager, wearing the same exact outfit two days in a row.

5.  Snubbed.  http://vermontwhitneys.blogspot.com/2010/06/snubbed.html  The day those bitchy ladies snubbed me for breastfeeding at the playground and let Jax play in pee as punishment.  Bitches.

6.  An Apologyhttp://vermontwhitneys.blogspot.com/2009/07/apology.html  My apology to L.L. Bean after Jax puked in their display tent and I didn't clean it up.

So those were the top five off the top of my head.  Those of you who have been reading for a while may say to yourself, How could you forget this other time when you were super-awkward?  Please feel free to suggest any favorite moments that may have slipped my mind.  And I will revamp these a little for this particular audience, so don't choose based on small details.  Just pick the most awkward for everyone involved, please.

And no, friends and family, I will not be discussing the Three Stooges Tie incident.  Still too painful.

Please cast your vote!! I need your input.  Awkwardness abounds.

9 comments:

Katharine said...

Big vote for #2 & 4. Laughing outloud thinking about them.

How about when I told you to try and offer to take photos for people and you gave it a shot. That made me laugh.

We're all kinds of awkward. I'm sure there's more.

Tricia and Emmett said...

How about the time when Jackson threw up in the tent (was it REI) and you had nothing to clean it up with..... or something like that.. I just remember it being really funny :)

Tricia and Emmett said...

not sure if that one was my favorite.. but had to remind you of it !!

Liz said...

I think #2 is a winner!
And #5 makes me want to go to that playground and punch those ladies - how rude of them!!

lauren & aaron said...

UM....the bellybutton nub story is my all-time favorite. I mean, who does that? ;)

Anonymous said...

I'd say #2! Good Luck choosing one!

Alana said...

I vote for #2...I actually LOL when I read it and then read it aloud to Tim. :-)

Heather said...

I have to agree with the masses-#2 gets my vote! Very funny to read them all, though, since I haven't followed your blog until recently. =)

J.Whit said...

My vote is for #2...sooo funny, good memories, I'd forgoten about that "incedent".

Although #4 can qualify for me or many others I'm sure, maybe not at Friendly's, but the being seen in the same outfit 2 days in a row. Ah man, how embarassing is that!!!