We did a really great job, and although I thought the screws looked a bit skewed, not exactly perfectly aligned horizontally like the others in the hallway, it worked. So we said, "Hooray!" and went to have lunch. Jax could even open and close it on his own, which may or not prove to be a good thing in the future.
Then it was naptime and I was pleased with having fixed the door because it used to make a loud click when I opened it and sometimes woke Jax up when he was Em's age. Now it opened quietly and smoothly. I was proud of myself and was excited to show Daddy when he got home.
Except that after Jax's nap, when he was calling me to come get him out of his crib, I tried the doorknob only to discover it was stuck. And I mean stuck. I couldn't twist the knob an inch and there was no way I was going to be able to finagle it without taking the screws out. Thankfully, in my usual stellar aptitude at everything I do, I had left the side of the knob with the screws on the outside, unlike all the other doors, because honestly I hadn't noticed until it was already on, but then I figured it was a good thing to be able to break into a toddler's room if necessary. Turned out, I was right.