Monday, October 11, 2010

Apple Picking x 2

Last year, Jax and I met a bunch of our friends at the Poverty Lane Apple Orchard for some wholesome fun and beautiful photos.  He couldn't walk yet and was so content to plop down under an apple tree and explore the grass, the fruit, the leaves.

 Photos from last year




It was such a great time that our friends decided to do it again, but this time I had another little bundle to tag along.


Luckily, they had a tractor that would bring us deep into the orchard so that we could get the few apples that were left.  Unfortunately, I didn't get the memo that we wouldn't be returning to the car, so I left my Baby Bjorn and Em's bottle behind.  But we made do and Jax definitely loved the surprise tractor ride.


Daddy had to work and this turned out to be one of those times that I could have used an extra hand.  I thought I was going to be carrying Em, but instead I had to lug her around in the bucket.  I also wanted to take pictures (shocker) so I had my big camera with me, not to mention a clingy toddler.  Good thing we didn't really want to buy many apples, anyway--I wouldn't have had any hands to carry them!

It was a really nice morning, extra hands or no.  Jax even checked on Em now and then.  He's making progress in the big brother department!


And he really enjoyed eating an apple au natural.  Can you believe I've never let him just dig into an apple like this before?  I am a skin-phobic when it comes to fruit.  Just another example of how I have to chill out a bit as he grows up.


We had to cut our trip short due to Em's next bottle (one BIG drawback of not breastfeeding anymore: having to have a bottle and formula on hand) but we did have a moment or two for photos and a snack.





What I didn't capture on film is how great it was to hang out with our friends; there were six couples and seven babies there (plus, two babies in utero!) and we all went for pizza and beer for lunch.  JDubbs even took a break from work to meet us there.  It was a fabulous day and just another example of how much we enjoy our friends and make the best of life in the Upper Valley!

No comments: