Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What Dreams Are Made Of

Jax, Em, and I happened by the local fire department at the perfect time of day, when all the bay doors were open, tempting Jax mercilessly to come and admire the fire trucks and ambulance shining in the sun.  Not exaggerating.  It was impossible to resist.

At first, we just kind of strolled by and hoped that a fireman would invite us inside to admire the rigs.

 
Soon the strolling turned to straight-up ogling, and eventually the fire marshall did notice us stalking--oops, I mean, standing--near the trucks. 


He invited us in and Jax had his opportunity to live the dream. 
   

I don't think he stopped smiling for a week!  Little boys and big trucks equal pure pleasure.  What a great day for my favorite little fireman-in-training!

1 comment:

lauren & aaron said...

I don't know what's wrong with me....but this made me teary-eyed! He must have been SO excited!! :)