Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Sneak Peek

Here is a sneak peak of Baby E's room! It's been a bit of a transformation, not the least of which was the fact that JDubbs had to reinsulate it, which in turn led to him reinsulating the entire upstairs. What a guy!
  Luckily, the color we originally chose to paint that room was a pretty cream color so we decided to just leave it and use pink as an accent color rather than have it be a pink explosion. Actually, as things progress, I think it's nice to have a touch of pink here and there, rather than looking like a flamingo exploded in there.


So, when we finish the room, I will post pictures of the finished product. I purposefully chose kind of boring pictures so it will be a surprise, but I know people (aka my mom!) are interested in how things are progressing. Right now, we're trying to get Jax used to the fact that the room next to his is no longer an office/catch-all space. It's his little sister's room! I even bought him a doll (much to JDubbs's chagrin) to help him get used to the idea of a new baby. We put her in the crib, say goodnight to her, and now that the changing table is set up, maybe we'll even change her diaper!
Our house is slowly being infiltrated by little girl clothes, pink details, and flowers. It's pretty nice after almost two years of blue, green, and brown!



I'm still a little stressed out by our lack of shopping options, so I can't just run out and buy something if I realize we don't have it. Hopefully she'll stay in there long enough for me to get all the details nailed down, but she is so active and big that sometimes I feel like she's going to make her appearance early!

Yea for a little girl!

2 comments:

lauren & aaron said...

Boy-issues aside, the doll is a VERY wise idea. My mom bought one for me when my sister was born, and she said it turned into a great tool for teaching the difference between the actual baby and the doll. She caught me taking out my "frustration" at no longer being the only child more than one time....and fortunately on the doll, rather than the real baby. :)

PS....What else do you need, girly-wise? I bought you a little something "fun" already, but wanted to know if there was anything else you need in girl colors. :)

April Stone said...

Oh my goodness Becky, a girl is heaven! Boys are so much fun and I can't say much as I have not had a boy but so far Morgan is everything I imagined in a daughter. You are going to have so much fun. I'm so glad our baby is home. I agree about the pink explosions! I love pink accented with other colors. Too much pink looks like a pepto-bismol bottle. Yuck! I can't wait to see your creation of her room!