Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Cookies

In honor of becoming grandparents, Nana and Papa have decided to resurrect a grand family tradition from when JDubbs, Jen, and Tom were kids. Every year they would make dozens of Christmas cookies and decorate them as only kids can: with pounds and pounds of food-colored frosting and sugary goodness. Needless to say, Jax was fired up. Nothing says "Merry Christmas!" to Jax like sugar, his newly acquired vice of choice.


It was really fun decorating all the cookies, and I think Jen and JDubbs rekindled a sibling rivalry over whose cookie was the best. I was proud of my creations, and even more pleased with how yummy they tasted!

It was a great way to spend an evening and a tradition I know that Jax (and we!) will look forward to every year. Next year will be all the messier with two babies trying to get their hands in the frosting.


Great idea Nana and Papa! I'm up for traditions like this any time!

No comments: