Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Historic Day

I spent much of yesterday morning reflecting on what a historic day it was. Not to get into the politics of it, but I was amazed to think that Jax was only 11 days old when America elected its first black president.

It got me thinking about how far Anerica has come as a society in only two generations; our parents were born before the Civil Rights movement and now here we are with a baby who may never realize what a monumental administration this will be. I think it's fascinating and exciting--what other big changes will come to be during Jax's lifetime? I am not naive enough to think that race will no longer be an issue, but I do hope that this is a first step toward a better society. President Obama may not be an effective president, but he's already had an impact on me and my son, whether Jax realizes it or not.

No comments: