Monday, November 10, 2008

1st Doctor Appointment/Date Night/Peanut Shell

Jax had his first doctor appointment today with our pediatrician, Dr. James McCarthy (whom we LOVE). Our little guy is actually quite big! He now weighs 10 lbs. 6 oz. and is 22.5" in length; he's grown so much during his first 17 days! He is in the 87th percentile for weight, 70th percentile for length, but he has a small head circumference (I beg to differ). And Dr. McCarthy did not disagree with our revised vaccination schedule, which is extremely important to us. So overall, Jax is as healthy as we could hope for and we should just keep doing what we're doing! It feels good to have a professional validate our parenting.

This week Jax had a few visitors--Grampy Woo, Grammy, and Auntie Jessie. Grampy came up on Monday just to meet Jax and to spend some time together.





Grammy and Jessie came up Saturday
and JDubbs and I had our first date night since Jax arrived. We went to the Quechee Inn and had a delicious dinner and a few tasty beverages--I had my long-awaited chocolate martini! We were gone for only two hours but it was nice to get some alone time. It was extra nice when Grammy got up with Jax for the first three feedings Saturday night so we could get some uninterrupted sleep. Aren't grandparents the best?

Here's a picture of me using my Peanut Shell Baby Sling - Blue Moon Small
-highly recommended by Tyler Dadej :) Jax loved it and went immediately to sleep. I'm not sure if I had it on correctly, but regardless, he snuggled in like he was back in my belly and was as content as could be.






And here's a photo of JDubbs and Jax that I love...


...just because.  My boys :)

No comments: