Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Blue Door

 I have a crush on a door.  You will, too, once I've introduced you.

My girlfriend Sara has a magnificent blue door.  It is the perfect color to contrast against her weathered barn.   I am infatuated with it and cannot wait to take my kids' photos in front of it as soon as it warms up.


I jumped the gun a little bit and didn't get a good response.  I'll have to try it again in a few weeks; I think it may have been a bit too nippy for the little one.  I even tried to take her in the barn and take a photo on a hay bale.  Because we have those laying around up here in Vermont.



Didn't go so well, either.  Time to go inside the house, I think.

Happily, someone got some use of the glorious blue door.  It was perfect for my friend Heather and her son Matthew to do one last photo shoot before her baby boy arrives.  I love how the colors they're wearing pop against the fabulous blue door. 


We are all very excited for Baby L. to make his appearance in the next few weeks!  Our circle of friends keeps growing and although it makes our get-togethers a bit more chaotic, it's in a very good way.  Hooray for babies!


Sweet Shot Day

Get used to this brilliant blue door.  I have a feeling you'll be seeing a lot of it!

17 comments:

Quirky Homemaker said...

I love blue doors. My husband would never let me have one. :( Great pics of you friend. Good luck to her with her new baby!

Unknown said...

what an amazing door!!! We went to Europe last summer and I took so many pictures of the doors there that my husband starting wondering about me!!! LOL
the picture of your friend with her boy...the colors are amazing against the blue door! Love it

Susan W. said...

I just love your button! That face is fabulous :-).New follower from Weekend hop...would love for you to visit and return the follow...hagw!
www.fingerclicksaver.com

Katie said...

Agreed! The blue door is super great for a picture back drop!

Anonymous said...

Awww, so cute; they don't look too impressed though, do they?!!

CJ xx

Liz said...

You are right! Great door for great photos. Looking forward to seeing it often...and great pics of your fam!

Krafty Max Originals said...

I couldn't find the post about the Blog Hop, so I am leaving my note here....

BLOG HOPping around - I am now a follower of your blog, wont you also follow me?? ~KM
Krafty Max Originals

Readaholics said...

Hey Becky ,
I am new to the mommy blogs and love hops. I'm ur newest follower. I too like the blue door. I'm a mother of 4 and love it. I have started a children's book blog and would love to have you visit and follow. I'm ur newest follower.
Have a great week.
Thanx,
Dana
Little Book Monster

Gina Kleinworth said...

That particular shade of blue is fantastic! I am in love!

I really love all the shots but the one with both babies & the sour faces- priceless. I also love the last one- such a special & exciting time.

Tara said...

I can see why you like it, it is fabulous!! Love your photos!

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know I have added your post "No More Mister Nice Guy" to my favorites page:
http://hisperfectpromises.blogspot.com/p/my-favorites.html It is so cute, it puts a smile on my face every time I see it and wanted to share

Unknown said...

New follower via Mingle Monday Blog Hop. Hope you will follow me too @http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-290-blog-hops.html

Elle said...

Some really cool pics there. The blue door is nice but the kids take the cake!

Following from the Follow us Monday blog hop.

Simple Wyrdings

Suburban Girl said...

I love old barn doors and blue makes this really special.

Unknown said...

That door IS all sorts of sensational. Love it!

Crystal said...

Love your header! I had to laugh at the face! too cute, you wonder what they're thinkin sometimes.
I'm a new follower and I love your blog! The title is very suitable to my style of parenting. Would love if you could visit and follow me back!

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Lovely captures! :)