Saturday, February 20, 2010

Jax & Aiden

One aspect of San Diego that has changed since we left is that so many of our friends that we love to rock out with have changed: they're parents! One of my favorite parts of our trip was watching Jax interact with his buddy Aiden, the son of my long-time friend and ex-roomie, Tricia. Tricia is the reason that I moved to San Diego in the first place, and the excuse I had to rekindle my relationship with JDubbs. Lucky me!

Well, now Tricia isn't just a good friend, she's a mom! Our boys are less than two months apart, and they loved each other's company.
I loved getting to see Aiden and have a chance to get to know him better. I joked with Tricia about how grumpy and introverted he is--that couldn't be further from the truth! He is such a happy, smiley, outgoing little guy. You can tell he loves his life and wants to be out and about as much as possible. Aiden made me realize that maybe Jax is a little more introspective than I thought. He's much more of an observer than Aiden. Or maybe it was because we were on Aiden's home turf.
 

Jax helped Emmett sand his surfboard. He used his rubber duck to give it that special glow.


We're so lucky to have such great friends, both near and far! And it's great to have close friends to share parenthood with :) It was great playing with you, Castellans!

No comments: