Friday, October 22, 2010

The Dry Run

Because I'm a bit of a control freak who is probably turning her son into a bit of a neat freak, I had to do a dry run with the pumpkin painting before I unleashed five toddlers in my living room with fingerpaint.  Here's how it went:

It took Jax a little bit to realize that painting in the living room was okay.  Daddy helped walk him through it.


Em got right into it, with a little help from Grammy.


J warmed up pretty quickly once he discovered self-decoration.





E was a bit more traditional.  Pretty confident for a 5-month-old!


And Mommy was thrilled to see them so close to each other, having a great time together!  Makes me smile :)


And the finished product:


Pumpkin painting was great the first time around, and was a big success at Jax's party.  I'd recommend it for any rainy day or just for some messy fun.  You just have to put your OCD tendencies aside for a bit.  Trust me!  If I can do it, anyone can!

No comments: