Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fore!

There are so many blessings to being a stay-at-home mom, but there is one aspect where JDubbs one-ups me every time. When JDubbs gets home from work every day, Jax goes into hyper-Daddy-worship mode and the squeals and laughter can be heard until he goes to bed. Usually he's eating dinner when JDubbs gets home, but once he's done, Daddy has two shadows: Jax and Baxter, following his every move.

Jax helps Daddy feed Baxter, supervises him cleaning the fireplace and making a fire, then wants to do whatever it is Daddy is doing. Monday, that was taking a few practice strokes in the yard--golf season is upon us--so, of course, Jax wanted to try, too.


He was really proud of himself and loved the attention from Daddy. In a couple of years, Em and I will enjoy lazy days in the summer sun while Jax and Daddy go play nine (and you think I'm kidding about starting so soon? Tiger Woods started at three years old, and I have a feeling Jax will be, too).

I love this picture; it looks like Jax is JDubbs's caddy and is helping him figure out a difficult putt.


I love watching these two play together in the evenings, and now that there is so much daylight left, I know we will be spending those times outside. These two are going to have a lot of fun together, and I will enjoy watching every minute of it.

No comments: