Tuesday, April 6, 2010

1st Egg Hunt

This was Jax's second Easter, but his first really getting to participate. Unfortunately, the true meaning of Easter (remember, it's a religious holiday?) was lost on him, although we did make him (and JDubbs) listen to "Jesus Christ Superstar" in the morning.  He did enjoy every child's favorite part of Easter: the egg hunt!



I'm realizing now that a) I hardly took any pictures and b) the ones I did take are of him looking at the ground, but here is Jax experiencing the thrill of the hunt. Actually, this hunt was just for him (his older cousins were a bit too exuberant and he couldn't keep up with them), so luckily we gave him a little mini-hunt all his own.




Half the fun was putting things in his little bag. Then dumping them out again.


We did do other things besides hunt eggs. We had a wonderful day with my mom's family--there were 18 of us, including 6 kids, which is always fun, and we had a fabulous ham dinner. My Auntie Anne said a sweet prayer before dinner where she blessed us all, especially Jax and the new baby (I don't know why they deserved a special shout out, but I'll take it) and we got to catch up with family. All in all, a special day, and my last trip to Massachusetts before she gets here!



We also got to stop by to see JDubbs's family on the way home and pick up Baxter. A great day full of family, food, and fun. I hope everyone's Easter was as joyful as ours!

No comments: