Monday, June 22, 2009

A Father's Day Gift

Jax loves his Daddy so much that he told me he wanted to do something really creative and special for him to show him how much he cares. So we found a great arts-and-crafts project and Voila! Jax's first finger-painting experience turned into a great Father's Day gift.


Once he realized he wasn't allowed to eat this colorful mushy stuff, he quickly changed his mind and decided maybe he wasn't in the mood for finger painting. Too late now, buddy! So, it became a bit of body painting...


Whatever we had to do to get a good picture!

And here is the final product: a finger-painted fish! He painted first and then I cut it into a fish shape after it was dry. Then a marker smiley face, lamination, a hook and a line and we had a perfect fish!

 


Here's the back. It said, I'm Hooked On You, Daddy! Happy Father's Day!

Then I hung it on a stick using real fishing line and a fish hook, and Jax held the stick and gave it to Daddy as his Father's Day present. Everyone was really pleased--even Baxter, who, when we went upstairs, promptly ate the stick. Lucky he didn't get to the hook or the fish because he would have been in big trouble either way!!

Here's to JDubbs's First Father Day! I hope that the day was as meaningful and special as we tried to make it. Jax and I are so blessed to have such an amazing husband and father in him, who gets better at it every day. What a wonderful family I have!


We love you, Daddy!

2 comments:

Z said...

What an adorable project! All I did was make breakfast and burgers for dinner :) And I made Mike man the grill :) Well he wanted too! Can't wait to see you!

Dawniebee12 said...

Very cute idea Becky. You are such a good mommy/wife...